OTAGO PENINSULA TRUST Preserving and enhancing the Otago Peninsula
Otago Peninsula Trust
The Otago Peninsula Trust was New Zealand’s first private charitable trust, registered in 1967. It has an impressive record of achievement, and is managed by a Board of Trustees who are members of the Trust, and volunteer their time and talents. Trustees are elected at the Annual General Meeting.
- The stimulation of public interest in and care of the beauty, history and character of the Otago Peninsula.
- The preservation of the natural attractions of the area and the protection of the flora and fauna of the area.
- The development of tourist attractions, public and recreational services so that the public may obtain maximum use and enjoyment of the area in a way that will not detract from or destroy its beauty or character.
- The promotion of knowledge of and interest in the objects of the Trust by meetings, exhibitions, educational courses and all other forms of instruction and publicity.
To carry out its objectives, the Otago Peninsula Trust operates the following properties and businesses:
- Got a great photo? Otago Peninsula Photo Contest Open.27 Jul 2016
- July School Holiday Fun13 Jul 2016
- Planning a Christmas Party?07 Oct 2015