Plan a day out on Otago Peninsula
Planning a day trip? Otago Peninsula is the wildlife capital of NZ – a stunning area full of interesting, unique and fun activities.
Here is a sample itinerary to fit in the best the peninsula has to offer while supporting Otago Peninsula Trust enterprises: Make sure you check opening and tour times as they vary seasonally.
- 9.45am: Drive from Dunedin to Glenfalloch Garden – beautiful, seasonal historic garden established 1871. FREE Entry, trampoline, garden walks, birdsong.
- 10.00am: Hire Glenfalloch electric Green Bike Glenfalloch Green Bike for 3 hours. Explore Otago Peninsula no sweat Ph 476 1775
- 1.00pm: Leisurely lunch at superb Glenfalloch Restaurant. Open Daily 9am-3.30pm. Dinner Thursdays and Fridays from 5pm, Bookings 476 1006 email@example.com
- 2.30 – 6.00 pm: Make your way to the Royal Albatross Centre – Options on the way include Edwardian Fletcher House Open weekends and public holidays 11am-4pm , shops, heritage & wildlife attractions Larnach Castle, Monarch Cruise, Yellow-eyed penguins
- 6.00pm: Take a Unique Albatross Tour, the ultimate albatross & history tour. View the world’s only mainland albatross breeding colony with huge Royal Albatross nesting. “Unique Tour” includes Fort Taiaroa hidden fortress tunnels with the world’s only fully restored Armstrong disappearing gun. Book 478 0499 or Book Online
- 7.30pm: Have dinner at the Albatross Café and explore the free centre displays
- 9/9.15pm: Blue Penguins Pukekura Tour – see the world’s smallest penguin in it’s native habitat return home after a day at sea – meets at Royal Albatross Centre. Book 478 0499 or Book online
- 10.30pm: Drive back to Dunedin
For a fully guided and inclusive wildlife experience try our Sundowner Package with Monarch Cruise, Albatross Tour, Blue Penguins Pukekura, dinner and return city transport.
OTAGO PENINSULA TRUST – preserving and enhancing Otago Peninsula since 1967
Download your planner here: Otago Peninsula Trust Itinerary Planner Summer